I have worked for the Mid-Atlantic Regional Center for the Humanities (MARCH) at Rutgers-Camden for just over two years. I was hired as the Digital Media Assistant at the start of my second year in the public history program, and became the Digital Media Coordinator one year later.

I manage MARCH’s team of bloggers; update the regional conference calendar; and post humanities news stories, and help update MARCH’s social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter.

In the past, I have worked on the Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia, making an author’s essay web-ready by combing text, images, captions and web resources into a cohesive whole. However, my favorite tasks are the special projects on which I have worked. Last year, I facilitated a blogger search, and wrote a story for the MARCH newsletter, Cross Ties.

This fall, we’ve launched a re-designed MARCH websiteJennifer Pope, web designer of the Faculty of the Arts and Sciences did the heavy lifting of creating the site — and now I’m helping to coordinate the Scholarship and Partnerships forum scheduled for November 6 at Rutgers-Camden. 

I’m fortunate because MARCH is heavily invested in humanities work in the region. There are always opportunities to learn a new skill or meet someone new.  It has been a great supplement to my MA in public history from Rutgers.  

Mandi Magnuson-Hung