The Washington Township Historic Preservation Commission is charged with the care and maintenance of the Olde Stone House Village, a 6.5 acre site on Egg Harbor Road which centers on the Morgan/Paulin/Atkinson home, built in 1736. The site also houses the Turnersville Post Office, the Old Bunker Hill Church, the Quay home, and the Blackwood Railroad station.
We are looking for a graduate student in history for 2015 to research and develop a preservation plan for the Olde Stone House Village. Primary tasks would involve reviewing and observing each building in regard to its present physical condition and making recommendations as to the needs of each building structurally and aesthetically. These needs would then be prioritized according to the level of deterioration evident.
If interested, please contact: Constance McCart, Ed. D. Commissioner/ grants researcher Washington Twp Historic Preservation Commission856 227 9017